Jobs Work Group
The goal of this Working Group is to move South Los Angeles residents into 10,000 jobs.
Larry Frank | President, LA Trade Tech College
Robert Sainz | Assistant General Manager, City of LA Economic and Workforce Development Department
Faye Washington | President & CEO, YWCA of Greater Los Angeles
slate-z jobs work group organizer:
Paul Pulido | SLATE-Z AmeriCorps VISTA Data & Evaluation Associate
goals and activities
A. Build, strengthen and institutionalize five Sector Pathways in construction, hospitality/culinary, transportation, health & information technology.
B. Create pipeline of opportunities for residents to be hired on temporary & permanent jobs.
C. Increase local hires through "Train to Place" city & other pre-civil service sector opportunities.
D. Strengthen capacity of workforce development systems, especially to serve vulnerable populations.
The Jobs Work Group has helped place 140 SLATE-Z residents into careers through apprenticeship programs. Since the designation, our partners have moved 2,000 residents to jobs, with 140 direct job placements of South LA residents through SLATE-Z's LA Reentry Workforce Collaborative and its "Train-to-Place" apprenticeship programs.
Jobs Work Group Partners
- All People's Community Center
- Amity Foundation
- Anti-Recidivism Coalition
- Coalition for Responsible Community Development
- Friends Outside Los Angeles County
- LA Healthcare Collaborative (LA Area Chamber of Commerce)
- LA Job Corps
- Los Angeles Black Worker Center
- Los Angeles Economic and Workforce Development Department (EWDD)
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC)*
- Los Angeles Urban League
- Los Angeles/Orange County Building & Construction Trades Council
- Mayor's Office Veterans Coordinator
- St. John's Clinics
- Transportation Workforce Institute
- United Auto Worker Labor and Employment Training Center
- U.S. VETS
- YWCA of Greater Los Angeles
*Indicates SLATE-Z Steering Committee Organization/Member.