Transit Work Group
Improve community infrastructure by increasing the safety, affordability, and use of public transit.
Eli Lipmen | Director of Development and Programming, Move LA
Therese McMillan | Chief Planning Officer, Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro)
slate-z transit work group organizer:
Cindy Hwang | SLATE-Z AmeriCorps VISTA Partnership Coordinator
GOALS & ACTIVITIES
A. Increase access to affordable public transit for students.
B. Increase access to affordable public transit for low-income residents through bulk purchasing strategies.
C. Engage the community in improving transit & streetscape infrastructure to increase use & safety.
SLATE-Z helped design and is implementing the countywide Metro Universal Pass Program, providing discounted transit passes for college students. Since its launch, over 500 LATTC students have benefited from the program.
transit work group PARTNERS
- Alliance for Community Transit Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro)*
- LA Neighborhood Initiative
- LA Voice
- Move LA*
- Strategic Actions for a Just Economy
- Southern California Association of Non-Profit Housing
- Transportation Workforce Institute
- TRUST South LA
*Indicates SLATE-Z Steering Committee Organization/Member.